Temple Chai is proudly affiliated with the Reform Movement. For us, that means that we draw on the best of many traditions and a diversity of voices within Judaism. We seek serious Judaism in a modern context. Our practices and teachings draw on a "Reformaconservadox" heritage and we are proud that Jews from a wide variety of backgrounds find their spiritual home here.
People LOVE belonging to Temple Chai. It inspires us to deepen our Jewish lives and infuse our days with meaning. We can't wait to come back for more because whenever we engage we are reminded of the power of Torah to touch lives. Temple Chai is synonymous with community. Relationships are always at the heart of what we do and we take the responsibility of caring very seriously. For us, Judaism is a vibrant blend of traditions that highlights joy, learning, and spiritual growth. We are not afraid to wrestle with a diversity of ideas about God, Torah and Israel. As a community, our concern embraces matters that affect the entire world as well as the sacred journeys of our individual lives.
Temple Chai Inspires and Ignites Robust Jewish Life
We share these core values:
- Passionate worship is powerful and transformational. We are a Reform Synagogue that draws upon the best of many Jewish traditions for our spiritual growth.
- Learning is the driving force that enlivens, challenges, and connects us as a people. We nurture our future through creative education at all levels, beginning with children and encompassing life-long adult learning.
- Above all, Torah teaches that we should care for one another. We strive to heal each other and the greater community through innovative programming and practice. Our goal is to ensure that no one is alone in their time of need.
- As Jews, we have an obligation to engage in Tikkun Olam, repairing the world. Social action projects and social justice endeavors permeate all areas of congregational life.
- There is nothing more vital to us than community, which includes the land and people of Israel. We form bonds of friendship and strengthen our lives when we share them.
- We treasure the diversity of our world, and welcome all who choose to join us.